Thursday, September 29, 2005

Can you look into the eyes of the person when he/she points out your shortcoming? Can you hear the other person patiently when he/she talks about your weakness? And after listening to that, can you smile and hug that person as if nothing happened at all? Can you just stay quiet without getting back to that person? And if you say yes, then I think you are very courageous. You are courageous 'coz you are bold and patient enough to listen to those words spoken intentionally or unintentionally. In a way, patience and tolerance are also various forms of courage. And believe me, not all of them have this courage. Most of them would never believe that they have any shortcoming and even if they know about it, they would never accept it in front of anyone. I would say that they might be scared of looking at themselves bare. Or maybe they are scared to think of themselves as imperfect people.

4 comments:

Sunil said...

Yes. My answer to your questions will be a "Yes".

But, i don't see that as "courageous"... rather, its an attribute abt myself that makes me believe, that i have a "loooong way to go, before i can call myself Perfect."

i-me-moi said...

@sunil: you are one of a kind.
@mads: i have done it too. it hurts, and pains, and yea it isn't easy, but it's the right thing to do.

Madhooo said...

Sunil,Sprechen: Good to know that there are like minded people around. Thanks.:-)

Hash Gowda said...

I am talkative. I used 2 rarely listen 2 l or allow ppl 2 talk.
Once my big bro said "Listen 2 ppl". I started listening and it opened a whole new world 4 me.
My answer is I don't remember. Cos nobody as done this 2 me. if they come back I Will.