Wednesday, August 31, 2005

There is a book - Living Without a Goal by James Ogilvy. No, I have not read the book. But the title caught my attention.

Living without a goal- hmmmm........ Will such a life be worthwhile? I cannot go on rowing my boat endlessly. I need to reach a bank. And then, continue my journey from there. Whenever I reach these intermediate banks, I definitely feel like a winner.

I need goal in life- be it short term or long term. Someone told me that setting a goal curtails your freedom. Nope, I dont agree. In fact, I think it gives you more freedom to dream because you know that your dreams will come true if you work towards them. Setting a goal and working towards it probably brings out the best in you. It fine tunes your strengths. Your dedication, determination, perseverance- they all emerge when you work towards your goal.

Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner.
-LES BROWN

Man is a goal seeking animal. His life only has meaning if he is reaching out and striving for his goals.
- ARISTOTLE

My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose - somehow we win out.
- RONALD REAGAN

The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it. What it makes of you will always be the far greater value than what you get.
-JIM ROHN

No comments: