Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Thanks, dear library - 1

One of the best things that I am doing right now is getting back to my dearest friends- books.:) Yes, I have been doing plenty of reading after coming to this city. And I must definitely thank the library for enabling me to do so.

Initially, when I was handed over the library card, I was not that enthusiastic. I wondered if I could ever go to the library, select books and read any of them with my toddler clinging onto me. But when I went there, I found that I was mistaken.

First of all, there is a childrens' section that not only consists of plenty of kids' books, but also a handful of toys for the kids to play with. This section creates an environment for the kids to enjoy their time in the library.

The library has a wide variety of books, ranging from fiction, non-fiction and magazines. The best part is that there is not much of limitation about the number of books that one can borrow. I should also mention the very systematic arrangement of books that makes the browsing process easier.

Hold on, that is not the end of it. The library also has dvds of english movies and serials. You can borrow four dvds at a time. Isn't that wonderful? I must say that we are making the best use of this facility.

I have been reading so many books that I have lost tracks of their titles and authors (I think I should prepare a list). I am getting introduced to so many new ones. Many a times, I find it so tough to come out of this world of books.

My daughter also has fallen in love with the colorful books. I have been borrowing books for her too. Looks like there is another bibliophile in the making.;)

I really wanna thank this library for making me get in touch with my long-lost hobby- reading. It has been a wonderful experience so far. I will try to mention the books that I am reading in my blog from now on. Maybe I can mention the movies too. Hmm, not bad at all.:)

No comments: