Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Thanks, dear library - 2

I felt my last post was incomplete. Hence part two.

In my last post, I mentioned about the library that I have fallen in love with. I listed out the things I liked about it. In fact, I was surprised that we could actually gain so much from a library.

Before this, I had been to libraries:

- that had a huge collection of books but were never categorized. Trust me, searching for a
book was a painful process there.

- that did not cater to people of different age groups, especially kids below five years.

- that charged a very unreasonable fee for each book taken. Sometimes, I felt that buying
the book would be cheaper than borrowing it.

- that had librarians who just did not care about the books. I always thought that books
have felt like poor orphans there.

Hence I hope you can understand my gratification for finding a good library.:)

No comments: