Friday, April 01, 2005

Rain, rain, don't go away

Nature profoundly influences me. Everything that nature does fascinates me. I believe rain is one of nature's greatest fascinations. Even though scientists say that there is a systematic process for the rain, i feel nature's, God's supremacy in rain. However rich, intelligent a man can be, he stands helplessly in front of nature, doesn't he?

Rain has its air of nostalgia. Nah, i never danced in rain or I never played in rain. Because of my sensitive health, i was never allowed to be drenched in the rain. So i was more of a spectator to this so common but beautiful event. And there I stand and listen to the rain drops, I smell the wet mud and I feel the serenity, an allaying silence. How well the other parts of nature respond to rain! Plants and trees come out with their most sparkling color and freshness. So very often we forget to enjoy these moments. Most of us screw up our faces when we hear of rain. I think farmers are the ones who enjoy rain the most. They probably feel that they have a close relationship with rain. They also understand its prominence and therefore respect it as one of the powerful forces of nature. Maybe that's why our ancestors came out with the concept of rain god.

Well, whatever it is, I love rain and I enjoy it most of the times. So I would like to sing the nursery rhyme in my way- "Rain, rain, don't go away. All the greenery wants to play. U fill my heart with so much gay. So rain, rain, don't go away.":-))))

No comments: